[Ads-l] AYFKMWTS and GTFOOH

Andy Bach afbach at GMAIL.COM
Mon Dec 10 20:17:39 UTC 2018

> Surely it's "Are you fucking kidding me with this shit?"
It's "Andy" but yes, that must be it - I was thrown off by the "WT/What The
..." sequence.

> "cabbage-patch" as a verb here refers to the dance move
("putting the hands together in the form of fists and moving them in a
horizontal, circular motion").
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabbage_patch_dance

"The dance was originally celebratory and often associated with being super
cool and rad."

That seems unlikely, ask Giggles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-ie6ie3mWQ

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 2:04 PM Ben Zimmer <bgzimmer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also: "cabbage-patch" as a verb here refers to the dance move ("putting the
> hands together in the form of fists and moving them in a horizontal,
> circular motion").
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabbage_patch_dance
>
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 3:01 PM Ben Zimmer <bgzimmer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Surely it's "Are you fucking kidding me with this shit?"
> >
> > On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 2:42 PM Andy Bach <afbach at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> "Get the fug out of here" I got and most of "Are you fugging kidding me?
> >> What the S" though the S isn't clear, aside from merde. And:
> >> " She becomes a confident on-air correspondent, pounds both scotch and a
> >> Scottish freelance photographer (Martin Freeman), and, in what has
> become
> >> prerequisite for all Fey vehicles, cabbage-patches to Nineties
> old-school
> >> jams."
> >>
> >> cabbage-patches to ... ?
> >>
> >> Dorothy Parker reputedly to Norman Mailer "You're the [young] man who
> >> can't
> >> spell 'fuck' "

> https://www.villagevoice.com/2016/03/01/operation-unendurable-whiskey-tango-foxtrot-confirms-that-the-movies-dont-get-tina-fey/
> >> >

> https://www.villagevoice.com/2016/03/01/operation-unendurable-whiskey-tango-foxtrot-confirms-that-the-movies-dont-get-tina-fey/