[Ads-l] Antedating (?) BYOB and BYOL and BYOS

Sat Dec 22 19:20:56 UTC 2018

Here is a 1922 song that is closer to the song Mark mentioned, but
still distinct, I think:

Date: December 13, 1922
Newspaper: The Evening Sun
Newspaper Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Article: The Cat's Pajamas
Quote Page 26, Column 1
Database: Newspapers.com

[Begin excerpt]
Old Songs We've Most Forgot
Dear Ed.--Certainly your collection of old songs would not be complete
without this one:

Show me the way to go home, babe,
Show me the way to go home.
I took a little drink about an hour ago,
And straight to my head it did go,
Oh, show me the way to go home, babe;
Show me the way to go home.
[End excerpt]