[Ads-l] Heard in an ad for a local pizzeria:

Marc Sacks msacksg at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 13 03:53:24 UTC 2018

I grew up in Pittsburgh, where we always called pizza sections "cuts." I
only heard "slice" when I visited New York (I didn't get around much). Now
I live near Boston where "slice" is also the term of choice.

The only time I heard of a tray of pizza, it was a very large rectangular
sheet of Sicilian-style pizza containing maybe 24 cuts. I have never heard
of a round pizza being referred to as a tray.

Marc Sacks