[Ads-l] Slight antedating of "banana republic" (May, 1901)

Bonnie Taylor-Blake b.taylorblake at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 23 19:56:09 UTC 2018

Oops, and now I see that Michael Quinion made the connection to O. Henry's
_Cabbages and Kings_ (1904) all the way back in 2002. (Fred Shapiro started
that discussion.)

I should've known that the original discovery of a link to William Sydney
Porter was made on this very list.

-- Bonnie

Have we done "banana republic" recently?