[Ads-l] NY Times hedges when it should have hinged

David Daniel dad at COARSECOURSES.COM
Mon Feb 26 19:30:44 UTC 2018

>From the NY Times online addition today: "The case, which stemmed from the
firing of a Long Island sky-diving instructor, hedged on whether the law
covered sexual-orientation discrimination." Reading the article one sees the
case didn't hedge at all, it hinged. I don't think it qualifies as an
eggcorn because I don't see any applicable definition of hedge. It's just a
confused usage.
DAD

---
Este email foi escaneado pelo Avast antivírus.