[Ads-l] Heard on re-run of The Office

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY RDECOM AMRDEC (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Tue Feb 27 16:26:33 UTC 2018

Dunno if I agree with that.

For me, athletic shoes exist on a spectrum, with sneakers on one end, and track shoe-style shoes on the other.

This:

https://slimages.macysassets.com/is/image/MCY/products/3/optimized/1996993_fpx.tif?01AD

is definitely a sneaker.  (as the commercial used to say, "Converse All-Stars -- limousines for the feet!")

This:

https://www.rei.com/media/dc809a81-5641-4c38-b473-63c73c5fe90a?size=1020x510

not so much.

So, to my way of thinking, some tennis shoes (pronounced "tennyshoes" in my youth) are not sneakers.  But I don't know if that is a general view or just a personal idiosyncrasy.