[Ads-l] "fake news" is the 2017 American Dialect Society word of the year.

Sat Jan 6 16:14:39 UTC 2018

Laurence Horn wrote:
> Nobody bothered to answer this question? What the fuck?
> LH

I've been reading a book from HarperCollins with "WTF" in the title.
The author Tim O'Reilly who is a prognosticator and publisher of
computer books employs a dual meaning for WTF. The second meaning is
"What's the future". The first meaning is referenced in the message
from LH.

Title: WTF?: What's the Future and Why It's Up to Us
Author: Tim O'Reilly
Publisher: HarperBusiness Imprint of HarperCollins Publishers

[Begin blurb excerpt]
WTF? can be an expression of amazement or an expression of dismay. In
today’s economy, we have far too much dismay along with our amazement,
and technology bears some of the blame. In this combination of memoir,
business strategy guide, and call to action, Tim O'Reilly, Silicon
Valley’s leading intellectual and the founder of O’Reilly Media,
explores the upside and the potential downsides of today's WTF?
technologies.
[End blurb excerpt]

Garson