[Ads-l] Clinton's new memoir/"novel"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 15 17:47:33 UTC 2018

Gary Bruce, *Through the Lion Gate: A History of the Berlin Zoo* (OUP,
2017), p. 164, refers to "*The Zookeeper's Wife*, the engrossing 2007
novel," by Diane Ackerman.

Ackerman's "Author's Note," however, explains that her book is entirely
nonfiction. Bruce even quotes a passage, though he expresses caution as to
its absolute accuracy.

Gary Bruce "is Professor of History at the University of Waterloo. He is
the author of *The Firm: The Inside Story of the Stasi *(Oxford University
Press, 2010) and *Resistance With the People: Repression and Resistance in
Eastern Germany 1945-1955* (Rowman and Littlefield, 2003)."

JL