[Ads-l] Phrase: take the mickey out of (May 28, 1923; antedates OED)

Mark Mandel mark.a.mandel at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 12 04:34:31 UTC 2018

Looks to me like it means "I put the pedal to the metal to overtake and
pass him." "I sped up as fast as I could to show him who was boss."

Mark, conjecturing.

Mark Mandel