[Ads-l] rain (crypto) (Re: rain = clients (that bring in revenue))

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 16 20:04:49 UTC 2018

An amazing 3-am response, thank you.

One meaning that is surely related to the Urban Dictionary meaning of money bills that have been thrown up and then rain down is free giveaways in crypto.

One such example is the coin condensate, known by its ticker letters RAIN. (The original coin died evidently because the developer accidentally lost the coins intended as capital for development, and has apparently undergone a community takeover.) The website for the coin at http://www.rainblog.de/ <http://www.rainblog.de/> says “let it rain!”

RAIN is a PoS (proof-of-stake) coin, meaning that coin hodlers (holders) receive stakes, which can be superficially thought of as stock dividends or interest on a conventional bank savings account. Receiving stakes from RAIN is considered rain, though generally as stakes for other coins.

https://bit.ly/2uLY8Az <https://bit.ly/2uLY8Az>
Although the exact purpose of this page isn’t clear, it looks like it’s essentially clickbait to entice people to sign up for their services. The page has an illustration of cryptocoins falling down, with a caption: Bitcoin rain. Profit is crypto currency. Virtual money. Vector illustration

https://bit.ly/2mo7fUc <https://bit.ly/2mo7fUc>
DeepOnion: New TorEnabled Crypto - Free Rain Happening Now

https://cryptobriefing.com/airdrops-mean-free-money/ <https://cryptobriefing.com/airdrops-mean-free-money/>
Airdrops are one of 2018’s biggest crypto trends. For some, they can quickly add up to be worth thousands of dollars – and as the name suggests, they fall from the sky like rain, drenching the fortunate (and well-briefed) with showers of free money.

(An “airdrop” is a free crypto giveaway. Various conditions apply to an airdrop, such as that you must be a hodler at a certain point of time or that you must be registered in some way.)

https://github.com/grctest/project-rain-site <https://github.com/grctest/project-rain-site>
'Project Rain' is the practice of distributing crypto assets to BOINC users based on their verified BOINC computation….

https://faucethub.io/exchange <https://faucethub.io/exchange>
In the trollbox (the chat box in crypto lingo) just now:
rainmaster
It's raining! 0.00004000 POT landed on you!

Bringing this term a full circle, Mainframe released balloons with crypto tokens in Hong Kong on 20 March this year for a rain in both the literal and crypto sense.
https://for.tn/2KXRbXT <https://for.tn/2KXRbXT>
But it was just the first of 25 events in which a Utah-based secure messaging startup called Mainframe will give away about $1 million of its cryptocurrency—by literally making it rain crypto coins upon the heads of enthusiasts.

It should be noted that cryptocoins do not have a physical form. According to https://bit.ly/2Nmkosl <https://bit.ly/2Nmkosl>, the airdropped tokens are redeemable for MFT (Mainframe) tokens, which are presumably digital.

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA