[Ads-l] Facebookery: Pennsylvania conservative writes

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Jul 17 03:58:33 UTC 2018

Popping up elsewhere as well, with the distribution depending in part on the main verb; see “Recent Survey Results” at https://ygdp.yale.edu/phenomena/needs-washed
It has served (somewhat misleadingly) as a shibboleth for Pittsburghese, which makes Wilson’s cite possibly appropriate, depending on which part of PA is home for the FB poster Who’s Afraid of Governor Wolfe.

LH