[Ads-l] "insane" as a compliment

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Jul 17 15:24:43 UTC 2018

I’m pretty sure I’ve heard positive “insane” on sports recap shows to describe plays.  Usually as a predicate adjective, though.  Googling “That play was insane” pullsl up a lot of relevant hits. There’s this one with a musical connection via UrbanDic:

insane
Very, very, very talented.
"Wow the drummer from that band in EyesofRuin is insane!!!

LH