[Ads-l] Coordinate Noun Phrase Constraint violated on Facebook

Herb Stahlke hfwstahlke at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jul 21 14:04:54 UTC 2018

While this looks formally like a coordinate structure and so should obey
the CSC, "stand by and" is more like "try and," "take and" or "up and"
which have more of a modal function

You have to take and put this part in first.
I think I'll try and leave early today.
He up and walked out on me.
etc.

Herb