[Ads-l] Oops

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 26 02:33:27 UTC 2018

> I learned it growing up in SE Michigan.

I learned it growing up in NE Texas. I considered it to be peculiar to
BE/Southern(?) till ca.1977, when I heard a white colleague from
Connecticut(!) say, as he was describing a bar fight of his lost youth, "I
took and hit 'im!"

The shock probably took a year or so off my life. Really! I was taken
totally aback! I would have been equally surprised, had he said, "I went
and hit 'im" or "I went to hit 'im (but I missed.)" But...

Youneverknow.

-Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain