[Ads-l] QOTY

Andy Bach afbach at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 30 19:19:04 UTC 2018

> Remember when "Who are you going to believe? Me or your lying eyes?" was
considered to be a joke?

Well, no "lying" in it but here's Chico's (dressed as Groucho, naturally)
version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHxGUe1cjzM

and, because it follows (and is very funny), the mirror scene.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdQ9jh5GvQ8

and, saying "naturally" of course, brings up:
http://www.baseball-almanac.com/humor4.shtml

Costello: You know I'm a catcher too.
Abbott: So they tell me.

Costello: I get behind the plate to do some fancy catching, Tomorrow's
pitching on my team and a heavy hitter gets up. Now the heavy hitter bunts
the ball. When he bunts the ball, me, being a good catcher, I'm gonna throw
the guy out at first base. So I pick up the ball and throw it to who?

Abbott: Now that's the first thing you've said right.

Costello: I don't even know what I'm talking about!

PAUSE

Abbott: That's all you have to do.

Costello: Is to throw the ball to first base.

Abbott: Yes!

Costello: Now who's got it?

Abbott: Naturally.

PAUSE

Costello: Look, if I throw the ball to first base, somebody's gotta get it.
Now who has it?

Abbott: Naturally.

Costello: Who?

Abbott: Naturally.

Costello: Naturally?

Abbott: Naturally.

Costello: So I pick up the ball and I throw it to Naturally.

Abbott: No you don't, you throw the ball to Who.

Costello: Naturally.

Abbott: That's different.

Costello: That's what I said.

Abbott: You're not saying it...

Costello: I throw the ball to Naturally.

Abbott: You throw it to Who.

Costello: Naturally.

Abbott: That's it.

Costello: That's what I said!

Abbott: You ask me.

Costello: I throw the ball to who?

Abbott: Naturally.

Costello: Now you ask me.

Abbott: You throw the ball to Who?

Costello: Naturally.

Abbott: That's it.Costello: Same as you! Same as YOU! I throw the ball to
who. Whoever it is drops the ball and the guy runs to second. Who picks up
the ball and throws it to What. What throws it to I Don't Know. I Don't
Know throws it back to Tomorrow, Triple play. Another guy gets up and hits
a long fly ball to Because. Why? I don't know! He's on third and I don't
give a darn!

On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 1:39 PM, Wilson Gray <hwgray at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sad, depressing, and confounding. Remember when "Who are you going to
> believe? Me or your lying eyes?" was considered to be a joke?
>
> On Sat, Jul 28, 2018 at 8:23 PM Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I've held off on this to give someone else chance to make history, but it
> > looks as though it's up to me:
> >

> > https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-
> president-trump-veterans-foreign-wars-united-states-
> national-convention-kansas-city-mo/
> > <
> > https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-
> president-trump-veterans-foreign-wars-united-states-
> national-convention-kansas-city-mo/
> > >

> > "And just remember: What you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not
> > what’s happening.... Just stick with us.  Don’t believe the crap you see
> > from these people — the fake news.  (Applause.) "
> >
> > JL

> truth."

> --
> -Wilson