[Ads-l] paracosm

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 4 21:47:27 UTC 2018

According to "An Introduction to Architecture and Visual Communications” by victoria mantha-blythe (http://arch100and110.blogspot.com/2012/11/paracosm.html <http://arch100and110.blogspot.com/2012/11/paracosm.html>), Vincent coined the word in 1976 when trying to describe his hobbies.

APA PsycNET (http://psycnet.apa.org/record/1988-98059-009 <http://psycnet.apa.org/record/1988-98059-009>) has a citation for a 1988 work "The paracosm: A special form of fantasy" in _Organizing early experience: Imagination and cognition in childhood_. This might be the key, but I can’t find it online.

There are other links that describe Vincent as the coiner, such as:
https://www.indiatoday.in/education-today/gk-current-affairs/story/paracosm-276382-2015-12-09 <https://www.indiatoday.in/education-today/gk-current-affairs/story/paracosm-276382-2015-12-09>

FWIW, BB>