[Ads-l] Green's: _rule_ v., possible antedating*

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 5 12:58:05 UTC 2018

The Abrahams ex. was recorded in South Philadelphia in 1958-59 and would
have appeared in HDAS in brackets.

The earliest unquestionable ex. HDAS found was Gary Larson's "Dinosaurs
rule!" scrawled on a boulder in the Jurassic Age.

That was in Larson's _Far Side_  collection in 1982, though the panel might
have appeared as early as 1980.

The usage became generally popular during the '80s.

However, Wilson probably ruled much before then.

JL