[Ads-l] woke, wokeness

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 6 20:20:27 UTC 2018

Besides the quite authentic Kelley 1962, HDAS files also contain:

1967-68 Hy Lit  _Hy Lit's Unbelievable Dictionary of Hip Words for Groovy
People_ [Phila.: Hyski Press, 1968] 1: ALL WOKE UP - Educated,
well-informed; you dig the scene.

Hy Lit, IIRC, was a white Philadelphia platter-spinner on AM.  Also, IIRC,
the _Unbelievable Dictionary_ was one of the first lexicographical sources
mined for HDAS.

JL

JL