[Ads-l] I'm getting old: What's a DM?

Mark Mandel mark.a.mandel at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 21 13:47:49 UTC 2018

My signature, which I thought Galen was jocularly referring to. (BTW,
Galen, that's a fantastic email address, but don't you miss a lot messages
because the senders misspell it? Or is that the purpose?)

But evidently he meant the occurrences of "Deutsche mark". My answer to
that is that this is not the English common noun "mark".  "Deutsche mark"
is not an English phrase, since "Deutsche" is not an English word; and
German caps all nouns, proper or common.

Mark Mandel