[Ads-l] "square brackets"

Jim Parish jparish at SIUE.EDU
Sun Mar 25 17:17:01 UTC 2018

I've heard other mathematicians refer to "round brackets" (you know, the
ones surrounding this aside) as well - usually having just mentioned the
others.

But that's one of the things we mathematicians do: group and classify
things. One genus ("bracket"), at least four species (throwing in "angle
brackets").

Jim Parish