[Ads-l] "square brackets"

Mark Mandel mark.a.mandel at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 25 19:23:52 UTC 2018

And (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_punctuation)

( ) (U+FF08 FULLWIDTH LEFT PARENTHESIS), (U+FF09 FULLWIDTH RIGHT
PARENTHESIS) are parentheses (round brackets).

There are two kinds of square brackets:

    [] (U+FF3B FULLWIDTH LEFT SQUARE BRACKET), (U+FF3D FULLWIDTH RIGHT
SQUARE BRACKET)
    【 】 (U+3010 LEFT BLACK LENTICULAR BRACKET), (U+3011 RIGHT BLACK
LENTICULAR BRACKET)

*Title marks ( 《…》, 〈…〉, ﹏﹏﹏ )*
    For titles of books, films, and so on, Chinese uses fullwidth double
angle brackets[13] 《…》 (U+300A LEFT DOUBLE ANGLE BRACKET, U+300B RIGHT
DOUBLE ANGLE BRACKET), and fullwidth single angle brackets, 〈…〉 (U+3008
LEFT ANGLE BRACKET, U+3009 RIGHT ANGLE BRACKET). The latter is used when
embedded within the former: 《…〈…〉…》. In Traditional Chinese, single title
marks are also used for articles in or sections of a book whereas
Simplified Chinese used double title marks for all titles. ﹏﹏﹏ (wavy
underline, U+FE4F WAVY LOW LINE) is also used as a title mark.[8][9]
<<<<<

(Punctuation) Mark