[Ads-l] [Non-DoD Source] Re: Heard: dialogue

Andy Bach afbach at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 4 15:18:39 UTC 2018

*> Aunt Lizzy asked me, "How many days & nights was Moses on the Ark?"*
Okay, I'll play - I'd have said 40 days and 40 nights but:

*How long was Noah on the ark?* Noah entered the ark in the 600th year of
his life, on the 17th day of the 2nd month (Genesis 7:11-13
<https://biblia.com/bible/esv/Gen%207.11-13>). Noah left the ark on the
27th day of the 2nd month of the following year (Genesis 8:14-15
<https://biblia.com/bible/esv/Gen%208.14-15>). Therefore, assuming a lunar
calendar of 360 days, Noah was on the ark for approximately 370 days.

Though, not surprisingly, there is some disagreement on that, 364 and 377
days are also argued for. Good thing it wasn't:
*How long did it take Noah to build the ark?* The Bible does not
specifically say how long it took Noah to build the ark. When Noah is first
mentioned in Genesis 5:32 <https://biblia.com/bible/esv/Gen%205.32>, he is
500 years old. When Noah enters the ark, he is 600 years old. The time it
took to build the ark would depend on how much time passed between Genesis
6:14 <https://biblia.com/bible/esv/Gen%206.14>, when God commanded Noah to
build the ark; and Genesis 7:1 <https://biblia.com/bible/esv/Gen%207.1>,
when God commanded Noah to enter the ark. Some scholars teach that it took
Noah 120 years to build the ark, based on Genesis 6:3
<https://biblia.com/bible/esv/Gen%206.3>. Others say that it took 100
years, based on Noah’s age in Genesis 5:23
<https://biblia.com/bible/esv/Gen%205.23> and his age in Genesis 7:6
<https://biblia.com/bible/esv/Gen%207.6>.

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 9:27 AM, MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY RDECOM
AMRDEC (US) <william.d.mullins18.civ at mail.mil> wrote:

> > Aha! A followup gotcha:  Madison did the Constitution. (Knew I'd catcha
> on sumpthin', WG.) When I was knee-high to a grasshopper, my
> > Aunt Lizzy asked me, "How many days & nights was Moses on the Ark?"
> >

> It's a trick question -- they didn't bury the survivors!

Andy Bach,
afbach at gmail.com
608 658-1890 cell
608 261-5738 wk