[Ads-l] Linguistic problem in the medical field (;'-))

Mark Mandel mark.a.mandel at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 9 04:10:10 UTC 2018

I disagree with the end of Kelley's quoted comment. If you're looking for
what "placebo" means, you can take the Latin literally: "I [the doctor]
will please [the patient]". Though chosen to indicate ineffectuality, the
word simply means that the doctor is giving the patient what the latter
wants, and who knows, it might work.

Mark Mandel