[Ads-l] New to me

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 1 01:44:49 UTC 2018

The morphology has been productive for quite a while now. In fact, "-exit"
was in the running in the Most Creative category in the 2016 ADS Word of
the Year vote. In the Feb. 2017 installment of "Among the New Words," we
covered various examples inspired by "Grexit" (the original blend) and
"Brexit" (the first offspring). "Frexit" is in there, among many others.

http://bit.ly/ATNW92-1 (pp. 67-9)

"Blexit" is a new twist. I heard Chris Hayes on MSNBC say that Kanye West
has already bowed out of the supposed movement -- a Blexit-exit.