[Ads-l] "Curtain-measuring" - confidence of ousting an incumbent office-holder

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 1 19:14:00 UTC 2018

"Drapes" and "curtains" have both been used. After a discussion on this
list back in '08, I wrote about political drape/curtain-measuring back for
Language Log and Word Routes:

http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=763
https://www.visualthesaurus.com/cm/wordroutes/drapes-curtains-and-an-old-political-standby/

My research got picked up by the New York Times blog, The Caucus:

https://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/25/measuring-the-window-treatments/