[Ads-l] Facebookery

Wed Nov 7 15:43:42 UTC 2018

Well, I know that there are regions where "the lawn needs mowed", &c is the
usual expression, and I don't doubt that Wilson does too.  But "he needs
sent to prison" is weird, perhaps because what follows "needs" is a phrase,
not a simple verb.

GAT,
rashly venturing out of the 19th century, his true home.

--
George A. Thompson
The Guy Who Still Looks Stuff Up in Books.

But when aroused at the Trump of Doom / Ye shall start, bold kings, from
your lowly tomb. . .
L. H. Sigourney, "Burial of Mazeen", Poems.  Boston, 1827, p. 112

The Trump of Doom -- also known as The Dunghill Toadstool.  (Here's a
picture of his great-grandfather.)
http://www.parliament.uk/worksofart/artwork/james-gillray/an-excrescence---a-fungus-alias-a-toadstool-upon-a-dunghill/3851