[Ads-l] groin

Andy Bach afbach at GMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 16 16:39:33 UTC 2018

> What has become of _crotch_?

Because, in sports, when you pull a groin muscle, it would be on one side
or the other (or really bad luck, both), not a crotch muscle.
"A *groin* strain is an injury or tear to any of the adductor *muscles* of
the thigh. These are the *muscles* on the inner side of the thigh."

So, surgery on "both groins" was surgery on both (sets of?) groin adductor
muscles.

On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 11:21 PM Wilson Gray <hwgray at gmail.com> wrote:

> What has become of _crotch_? Is it, like _through_ instead of _done_,
> _noon_ instead of _newn_, or _Eli[z]e_ instead of _Eli[s]e_, etc., peculiar
> only to those parts of the country in which I learned to speak English?
>
> On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 11:30 PM Mark Mandel <mark.a.mandel at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > My word! Thanks, Dennis, I've learned something today.
> >
> > Mark (my words)
> >
> > On Sat, Nov 10, 2018, 10:55 PM Dennis During <dcduring at gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > > It sounded odd to me. I thought I only had one groin.  But anatomists
> say
> > > we have left and right groins. It suppose I have two anatomical groins,
> > but
> > > only one euphemistic groin.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Dennis C. During