[Ads-l] ambiguities

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at NETSCAPE.COM
Sun Nov 18 14:48:03 UTC 2018

Sign at a toolbooth:  State Police Enforce Toll Violations

A local department stores sells "Women's skorts"

Heard yesterday:  "She fell in her bathroom and landed in the hospital"

At a bar mitzvah yesterday the bar mitzvah, giving his today-I-am-a-fountain-pen speech said, "I would like to thank my parents for my being here" (later in the speech it became clear he was thanking his parents for giving him a religious education).

- Jim Landau

PS: minor QOTY candidate: a sign (according to a Facebook message posted outside the US Capitol):
WE FLIP
HOUSES

1-555-DEM-OCRATS