[Ads-l] Date templates for the 21st century

Sun Nov 25 09:07:34 UTC 2018

Thanks for the responses. The Wikipedia entry for Cheque displays some
pictures of checks from the past.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheque

A check for the Whitney National Bank of New Orleans, Louisiana has
"190" printed in the date field. The number 5 is written in to yield
the year 1905.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheque#/media/File:Whitney_Bank_New_Orleans_Check_1905.jpg

A check for the Standard Bank of South Africa Limited has "193"
printed in the date field with the number 3 written in to yield 1933.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheque#/media/File:1933_South_African_cheque.jpg

So there was more variation in preprinted numbers then I imagined. It
is difficult to make any conclusions from this kind of fragmentary
data.

Garson