[Ads-l] Antedating of BE _purr tongue_ "clitoris"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 28 05:49:29 UTC 2018

purr-tongue n.
[play on pussy n. (1)] (This is, IMO, a real thigh-slapper.)
(US black) the clitoris.
1992
1992(con. 1910s) F.M. Davis Livin’ the Blues 36: At an early age we talked
about a ‘purr-tongue’ or a ‘boy-in-the-boat’.

Mouth on paper - Page 27
https://books.google.com/books?id=K31BAAAAIAAJ
Jayne Cortez - 1977 - ‎Snippet view
and swollen fingers that dig into a swamp of broken _purrtongue_ Spotted
stripped blues lady who was looking good and sounding beautiful with those
nasal love songs those strident battle-cry songs that copper maroon rattle
resonator shaking ...

Brother Ray: Ray Charles' Own Story - Page 130
https://books.google.com/books?id=knmfAAAAMAAJ
Ray Charles, ‎David Ritz - 1978 - ‎Snippet view
Plus, back on my old stompin' grounds, I could usually find some _purr
tongue_. (That's the word us country boys used for clitoris.)

-Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain