[Ads-l] More on Kavanaugh yearbook

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 6 03:01:36 UTC 2018

>My high-school years were 1950-1954. Life was different, then.

Mine were '62-'66, in a far, far less tony prep school than Georgetown),
and except for some talk about LSD and "pot" in '65 -'66 (and hardly any
use), ditto.  (When a wealthy senior died of a heroin OD at the end of '65,
it was unique, weird, and horrific. We were stunned through and through.)

Tales of drunkenness were rare, and I never saw anybody truly plastered.
Smoking cigs, on the other hand, was extremely cool.

As for sex, if anybody was actually having it, I never heard. (The
exception: a very nice 18-year-old girl forced to leave school in her
senior year, in '65 - because she was married!)

This was in NYC, BTW.

For you whippersnappers out there, society seemed to change utterly between
Watts in '65, the "Summer of Love" in '67 (followed by an attempted
levitation of the Pentagon) and, say, 1972, when Nixon was re-elected in
spite of Watergate.

JL