[Ads-l] pinky-swear

Sun Oct 7 02:35:39 UTC 2018

Here are some variant forms of the words spoken during the oath.

Date: January 4, 1873
Periodical: Notes and Queries
Quote Page 22
Publisher: Published at the Office of Notes and Queries, London
Database: Google Books Full View

https://books.google.com/books?id=L_zfAAAAMAAJ&q=%22blue+bell%22#v=snippet&

[Begin excerpt]
In the Midland Counties, when I was young, it was very common for
boys, who wished to bind each other to an engagement, to link the
little fingers of their right hands, and say—

"Ring finger, blue bell,
Tell a lie, go to hell,"

—after which, if either failed to perform, the little finger, as a
matter of course, would be sure to divulge. J. Beale
[End excerpt]