[Ads-l] _boylie_

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 16 04:03:32 UTC 2018

Barretts' find of _showboy_ reminded me of the word, "boylie," which I
recall seeing in my favorite Los Angeles D[irty]B[ook]S[tore]. A sign
reading "Boylie Section" was used in this particular DBS, back in the
'60's, to separate the straight section of the store, containing girlie
porn mags and paperbacks, from the store's gay section, containing boylie
porn mags and paperbacks.

At the time, the '90's, I was unable to find a cite for _boylie_ anywhere
on line. That is no longer the case.

The Alternative: An American Spectator - Volumes 8-9 - Page 14
https://books.google.com/books?id=y2lXAAAAYAAJ
1976 - ‎Snippet view - ‎More editions
... even a club of sorts (albeit no clubhouse): the "Penthouse/ Viva
Leisure Club." (Viva is a spinoff from Penthouse; it is a "_boylie_"
magazine, breasts and vulvae being replaced by hairy chests and quiescent
penes.

Fun with the Family Maryland: Hundreds of Ideas for Day Trips with the Kids
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=0762756195
Karen Nitkin - 2009 - ‎Preview
“It sounds _boylie_,” she said. (_Boylie_, for the uninitiated, _being the
opposite of girlie_.) When we got there, she turned up her five-year-old
nose at the airplane-shaped pedal bikes that were outside. “Too _boylie_,”
she announced, as her brother and friends pedal away. ...
As we left, I asked if she still thought the museum was too _boylie_. She
thought for a minute, and decided it was good for girls, too.

-

--
-Wilson
-----