[Ads-l] cut the cards (UNCLASSIFIED)

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY RDECOM AMRDEC (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Tue Oct 16 20:06:11 UTC 2018

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

"The Expert at the Card Table" is a seminal book on sleight of hand with cards, and an interest of mine (the author, S. W. Erdnase, is presumed to have been named E. S. Andrews [reversal], and is otherwise unknown).  A fellow devotee asked me about a quote from it:
""Put your faith in Providence, but always cut the cards," is a wise injunction."

This is the earliest we've been able to find this particular variant.