[Ads-l] move the cheese

Dave Hause dwhause at CABLEMO.NET
Sun Oct 21 06:14:47 UTC 2018

I can't resist commenting on this book:  for a purchase price (luckily in
paper back) of about $12, it had about the least valuable thought per dollar
of any "assigned professional reading" I have ever encountered.  I kept it
in my office until I retired to remind me of the folly of purchasing this
instead of standing at the book rack for ten minutes to read it
cover-to-cover.

Dave Hause, dwhause at cablemo.net
retired pathologist
Waynesville, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Zimmer
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2018 11:14 AM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: move the cheese

Presumably alluding to Spencer Johnson's 1998 book "Who Moved My Cheese?",
which uses an allegory about mice in a maze to impart motivational life
lessons.

"It would be all so easy if you had a map to the Maze.
If the same old routines worked.
If they’d just stop moving 'The Cheese.'
But things keep changing..."