[Ads-l] [EEMSG-SPAM: Suspect][Non-DoD Source] pooched (UNCLASSIFIED)

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY RDECOM AMRDEC (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Tue Oct 23 19:46:37 UTC 2018

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

> ----
>
> "Screwed."
>
> Nicolle Wallace on _Deadline: White House_ yesterday:
>
> "The second member of the Dowd-Cobb team [is] basically acknowledging that, on obstruction, the President's pooched."
>
> < screw the pooch (popularized by _The Right Stuff_) < fuck the dog
>
> JL

Don't know the dating that HDAS has on this, but I looked the phrase up in HathiTrust and found it:

[The Peace Corps} _The Peace Corps Reader_ Washington DC: Office of Public Affairs, Peace Corps, 1969. p.  88.

"Oh, man, did I ever screw the pooch on this one -- they can't write!"

From the cover design, it almost looks to be for a juvenile audience.

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED