[Ads-l] woof one's cookies (was Re: Kavanaugh yearbook)

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 27 03:18:55 UTC 2018

On “woof one’s cookies”, the English OLD does redirect to “toss one’s cookies”, but it looks like that’s a guess, not evidence that the idiom has been recorded.

2003
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=woof%20your%20cookies <https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=woof%20your%20cookies>
To vomit, puke, blow lunch, blow chunks or ralph.
As we got off the roller-coaster, I took one look at my girlfriend and said: "You're going to woof your cookies aren't you." She bent over, and did, all over her shoes.
by Lawman October 17, 2003

https://definithing.com/woof-your-cookies/ <https://definithing.com/woof-your-cookies/>
to vomit, puke, blow lunch, blow chunks or ralph.

https://bookofthrees.com/woof-your-cookies/ <https://bookofthrees.com/woof-your-cookies/>
Meaning: vomit, puke, barf, hork. For example, “If you eat bananas, anchovies and cheese, you’ll woof your cookies.”

1. 1996 (but without the possessive)
Orin Hargraves
ADS list
http://www.americandialect.org/americandialectarchives/oct96448.html <http://www.americandialect.org/americandialectarchives/oct96448.html>

——
Blow chunks. Woof cookies. Ralph. Worship the porcelain altar. Get the idea?
——

2. 2000
The Jacket
Charles Elgee
https://bit.ly/2zxKgx9 <https://bit.ly/2zxKgx9>

——
He woofed his cookies in the washroom.”
——

3. 2003
Surviving Aggressive People: Practical Violence Prevention Skills for the Workplace and the Street
Shawn T. Smith
https://bit.ly/2N54B0z <https://bit.ly/2N54B0z>

——
“Well,” Charlie began hesitatingly. “It started when my dog woofed his cookies all over the carpet this morning.
——

4. 2008
The Golden Sandals
Greg Baud