[Ads-l] Request Curate's Egg joke in "Judy, or the London Serio-Comic Journal" circa 1895

Wed Apr 3 17:43:42 UTC 2019

Thanks to Stephen G. who sent me information about two valuable
citations in "Judy". I plan to write a QI article in the coming days.
The one-panel comic about the curate's egg appeared in the May 22,
1895 issue, and on November 20, 1895 the editors of "Judy" complained
about the plagiarism performed by "Punch". Here is the citation
information for the one-panel comic:

Date: 1895 May 22
Periodical: Judy: The London Serio-Comic Journal
Quote Page 245
Publisher Location: London, England
Database: Gale 19th Century UK Periodicals

[Begin excerpt]
SCENE—BISHOP’S BREAKFAST TABLE.
Bishop (to timid Curate on a visit). DEAR ME, I'M AFRAID YOUR EGG'S NOT GOOD!
Timid Curate. OH, YES, MY LORD, REALLY-ER-SOME PARTS OF IT ARE VERY GOOD.
[End excerpt]

Garson