[Ads-l] heme, hemeburger

David K. Barnhart dbarnhart at HIGHLANDS.COM
Thu Apr 4 22:29:24 UTC 2019

Dear Ben,

The message on the screen says video not available.

Regards,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: American Dialect Society [mailto:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of
Ben Zimmer
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2019 3:25 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: heme, hemeburger

---------------------- Information from the mail header
-----------------------
Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Poster:       Ben Zimmer <bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM>
---

Here it is without the annoying MST3K-wannabe commentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DsfMrVqn-Htk

I see the principal advisor was W. Freeman Twaddell (chair of Brown's
linguistics department -- he brought Ku=C4=8Dera and Francis together and
suggested they start the Brown Corpus). Also listed as a consultant is
Harry Hoijer, perhaps most famous for coining the phrase "the Sapir=E2=80=
=93Whorf
hypothesis" (having studied with Sapir at Univ. of Chicago).