[Ads-l] YouTubery: "I guess you never heard of a _wheelbarrel_."

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 21 19:25:59 UTC 2019

"The steering gear of earlier ships's wheels sometimes consisted of a
double wheel where each wheel was connected to the other with a wooden
*spindle* that ran through a *barrel* or *drum*."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship%27s_wheel

Hence, wheel-barrel, or steering-wheel-barrel.