[Ads-l] "a red mike" USN/USNA slang

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 21 21:31:35 UTC 2019

Here's another early ex.:

1911 _Dallas Morning News_ (June 11) 35: According to the "Lucky Bag," the
annual book of the [Annapolis] graduating class,...[he] was a decided "red
Mike" when he first entered, which means he was timid with the fair sex.

So far as I know, this sense of the term was peculiar to the Naval Academy.

JL

JL