[Ads-l] Counting up street talk phoneme changes

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Aug 24 15:47:52 UTC 2019

Have you wondered how often native US English speakers change phonemes in street talk or regional accent to say words differently than standard dictionary pronunciation?   I've used the Collins Cobuild database top 5k words of English to tally many possibilities as I have heard them.  No one region of US has all these changes.  Results show that over half the words on a text page (or spoken) are subject to phoneme changes  See youtube video at"      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrr5sysCZOQ    (To expand put cursor over graph and hit bottom right corner box.  Hit pause to freeze video and read)
These 5k words represent about 90% of words on a page of text.

Tom Zurinskas,
Originally SWConn 20 yrs,  college Tenn 3,  work NJ  33,  now FL 14.
truespel phonetics free converter and  tutorials - http://truespel.com