[Ads-l] chickens and chainsaws, you got a problem with that?

Mon Aug 26 22:49:01 UTC 2019

Interesting topic, JL. The phrase "You got a problem with that?" does
sound much older than the 1980s to my ear, so this 1983 citation is
probably antedatable. Nevertheless, the dialectical spelling might
help other searchers formulate queries.

Date: September 9, 1983
Newspaper: The Latrobe Bulletin
Newspaper Location: Latrobe, Pennsylvania
Article: Bulletin Crystal Ball
Quote Page 10, Column 3
Database: Newspapers.com

https://www.newspapers.com/image/448961876/?terms=gotta

[Begin excerpt]
And speaking of position, Cipicchio, thanks to the first letter of his
name, is in position No. 1 on the chart as Week No. 2 opens.

"I'm gonna be the rabbit in dis race," remarked the chunky scribe.
"I'm gonna be da rabbit. You gotta problem with dat?"
[End excerpt]

I checked Barry Popik's website for "problem with that" and "problem
with dat" and the matches were not germane.

Garson