[Ads-l] chickens and chainsaws, you got a problem with that?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 27 13:48:43 UTC 2019

It seems equally counterintuitive for the presumably underlying phrase,
"have no problem with" to be unattested before the 1960s.

The earliest OED ex. of that phr. is from the L.A. Times in 1966.  Their
earliest "You got a problem with that?" is from as late as 2000, subsumed
under the former.

JL