[Ads-l] scrapnel

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 27 15:07:14 UTC 2019

Some time in the '90s I encountered the word "scrapnel," possibly in a
Simpsons comic book. It meant "shrapnel." Naturally I ignored it.

1993
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1993-07-05-9307050094-story.html
: Agincic
treated him last year when he was hit in the leg with scrapnel.

1997  https://www.blackbirds.net/u2/u2-timeline/u2tl60.html  : Anderson was
killed when scrapnel punctured pressure suit causing suit to decompress at
altitude, posthumously awarded Air Force Cross (PH).

2000 http://www.spfc.org/news-press/interviews.html?content_id=2710
<http://www.spfc.org/news-press/interviews.html?content_id=2710.>:   like
scrapnel of a teenage atom bomb.

2009 Urbandictionary.com : Scrapnel ... The splashback that actually hits
your ass when you have explosive diarrhea.

2011 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT2TxC4QVq4 : While visiting Verdun I
spotted this recently ploughed field and thought it might contain some
scrapnel or similar from World War One.

2012 Ibid. : Scrapnel is a newly coined hillbilly variation on the word
shrapnel. Originally (mis)spoken by "Turtleman" on the show "Call of the
Wildman" during the "Speedway Demons" episode when referring to a racecar
crashing and throwing car parts around the track.

ca2018 http://www.spellcheck.net/misspelled-words/scrapnel
<http://www.spellcheck.net/misspelled-words/scrapnel> :  How to Spell
Scrapnel Correctly...We think the word scrapnel is a misspelling.

JL