[Ads-l] folk aphorism?

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Dec 1 18:59:54 UTC 2019

Wilson's citing of the aphorism about sex comes as both a relief and a
disappointment to me. In the form "When it's good it's great, and when it's
bad it's still pretty good" it was part of the canon imparted to me by my
mother Maxine Horn (1914-1975), and to my recollection she wasn't black, a
DJ, or from L.A.

LH