[Ads-l] Heard on TV: _a homeless_ "a homeless person"

Mark Mandel markamandel at GMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 7 13:32:29 UTC 2019

Many spams -- at least their subject lines, which is all I ever see of them
– are clearly non-native English.

 "Spams"? That's a lot like "a homeless". "Spam" has always been
non-countable for me.

Mark