[Ads-l] cosplay; meet-cute; my tiny violin

Jeff Prucher 000000b93183dc86-dmarc-request at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Sat Feb 9 01:01:32 UTC 2019

    On Friday, February 8, 2019, 8:26:21 AM PST, W Brewer <brewerwa at GMAIL.COM> wrote:

 > JL: << When did the violin get tiny? >>
> WB:  Ninth-grade teacher to whiney student: "This is the world's smallest
> violin playing 'My Heart Bleeds for You'."
This is the version I learned it as, as a youth in the '80s. The gesture I'm most familiar with is one-handed, however -- rubbing the index finger (bow) over the thumb of the same hand.