[Ads-l] "Kondo" as verb

David Wilton dave at WILTON.NET
Mon Feb 11 18:28:24 UTC 2019

"I might also urge you to kondo your prose of what I call the Wan Intensifiers and Throat Clearers® - the 'very's and 'quite's and 'rather's and 'actually's in which many (most?) of us bury our writing like so many packing peanuts."

—Benjamin Dreyer, "Writing proper English: let's call it an act of resistance," Sydney Morning Herald, 11 Feb 2019. https://www.smh.com.au/national/writing-proper-english-let-s-call-it-an-act-of-resistance-20190210-p50wuk.html

---