[Ads-l] "Big ask"

Ben Yagoda byagoda at UDEL.EDU
Sat Jan 5 15:10:39 UTC 2019

Google Books has what I read as a legitimate (and non-sporting) use of “big ask” from what appears to be a short story in the Australian journal The Bulletin, vol. 97, 1975. It’s a snippet view: "A big ask, though. They wanted a grand. Anyway I got two spot bail and the case is still swingin’."

https://books.google.com/books?id=pNQXAQAAIAAJ&q=%22a+big+ask%22&dq=%22a+big+ask%22&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiexve_8NbfAhUDT6wKHXEaD2EQ6AEwA3oECAIQAg

Ben

notoneoffbritishisms.com